Initially, the British high society magazine was called ‘The Queen’ but in 1957 was invigorated by its new owner Jocelyn Stevens and became known just as ‘Queen’. The fortnightly magazine began to attract a much larger, younger audience and embraced the ‘Swinging Sixties’ culture through its fashion, style, and content.
Before being sold in 1968 and combined with Harper’s Bazaar in 1970 to become Harper’s & Queen, Duffy shot for both iterations of the magazine. It returned to its original name Harper’s Bazaar 2006 which it still remains.
Queen magazine was a founding investor in the pirate radio station ‘Radio Caroline’ and when it first went on air in 1964 it operated from their editorial offices on Fetter Lane. The legendary pirate radio station was a rebellion against the record companies control of broadcasting and the BBC’s radio broadcasting monopoly. Duffy – as always – was in the thick of an anti-establishment arena.