Originally founded in 1953 by Tailor & Cutter as a quarterly magazine called ‘Man About Town’. The magazine underwent its first transformation in 1960 to ‘About Town’ when it was bought by Cornmarket (which later became Haymarket). By July 1962 the magazine became simply ‘Town.’ The magazine was published until January 1968.
In 1962 Duffy made his debut for the magazine providing 3 features for the December issue. The magazine was an icon of the swinging sixties and Duffy provided images for over a dozen issues including covers in September 1965 and February 1966.
This selection of vintage Town magazines has been collected and scanned by The Duffy Archive to show Duffy’s work in period. Many of these magazines contain Duffy’s lost works. It is our intention to share these magazines respective of the additional authors that may be involved. Content has been removed to only show the articles containing Duffy’s works although advertisements, brands, and additional imagery belongs to their respective copyright holders.